List of Howard Wright's scientific publications
- Tone Quality and Important Modal Properties of the Guitar (invited paper, presented at Forum Acusticum 1999, Berlin), Howard. A. K. Wright, Acustica vol. 85, suppl. 1, S290, 1999. Abstract of this paper available via Google scholar.
- The effect of crook profile on the perceived playing properties of the bassoon (presented
at Forum Acusticum 1999, Berlin), David B. Sharp and Howard. A. K. Wright, Acustica vol. 85, suppl. 1, S291, 1999.
- Analysis of the Sound of Chilean Pifilca Flutes, H. A. K. Wright and D. M. Campbell, Galpin Society Journal, LI, 51-63, July 1998.
- The Influence of the Mouthpiece on the Timbre of Cup-Mouthpiece Wind Instruments, Howard. A. K.
Wright and D. Murray Campbell, Proc. International Symposium on Musical Acoustics 1998 (Leavenworth, USA), 159-164.
- On the Relationships Between the Response of the Guitar Body and the Instrument's Tone Quality
(presented at ISMA '97, Edinburgh), Howard A. K. Wright and Bernard Richardson, Proc. Institute of Acoustics vol. 19 (5), 149-154, 1997.
- The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of the Guitar, Howard A. K. Wright, PhD Thesis, 1996, University of Wales, Cardiff. Go to my PhD thesis page to read a summary of the work or download the complete thesis.
- Psychoacoustical Evaluation of Synthesised Guitar Tones: Linking Construction and Sound Quality,
Proc. 15th International Congress on Acoustics (Trondheim, Norway), vol III, 521-524, 1995.
- Establishing Quantitative Relationships Between the Tone Quality of Guitars and their Material
Properties and Construction, Matthew Brooke, Bernard E. Richardson and Howard Wright, presented at the
Materials Research Society Symposium, San Fransisco, April 1994.
Last updated: October 2011
All information in these pages copyright © 2000-2020 Howard Wright unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.